What's the promotion?
Invest in funds with Openbank and you could get 1% cashback (up to €600) on your total investment between 7 April and 31 July 2021, both inclusive.
How can you take part in the promotion?
If you are not yet an Openbank customer:
- Sign up by entering the promotional code “FONDOS2021” during the registration process by 30 June 2021 (inclusive).
If you are an Openbank customer:
- Click “Join the promotion” and enter the code “FONDOS2021” by 30 June 2021 (inclusive).
In both cases:
- Invest in, subscribe to, or switch funds from another bank (even the same fund you already have) to Openbank for a minimum amount of €3,000, between 7 April 2021 and 31 July 2021, both inclusive.
- To calculate the amount of cashback, fund investments, subscriptions and transfers made between 7 April and 31 July 2021 (both inclusive) will be taken into account.
The investment funds at Openbank are packed full of benefits:
- Forget about the fees. Our funds have no custodian, subscription, redemption or transfer fees, only those applied by the fund itself.
- Variety is the spice of life. Choose from over 2,000 funds from more than 100 asset managers. Find yours using our Fund Finder tool.
- You diversify the risk. The investment funds are made up of a range of assets, so the possible return of some offset the potential losses of others.
- Start from €1. You can start from just €1 and your money is always available.
- Tax benefits. Like any other fund in Spain, you will only be taxed when you sell it.
- Got investment funds in another bank? You can switch them to Openbank without any fees! Contact our investment specialists on 91 177 33 16, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and they will help you transfer them and answer any questions you may have.
What are the terms and conditions to take part?
- You must be an individual over 18 years old.
- You must be a resident in Spain with your main address in the same country.
Please note that:
- Payment of the incentive constitutes investment income in cash subject to withholding tax, at the current rate of 19%, which will be applied by the Bank in accordance with applicable tax regulations. Said withholding tax will not impact the customer. The Customer must declare the incentive received in the savings tax base of their personal income tax (IRPF) return, plus the withholding tax not deducted. The customer is entitled to the deduction of this withholding tax.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions concerning investment funds at Openbank.
All investments carry some level of risk, including the lack of return and/or loss of principal invested, as well as the exchange rate risk for non-euro-denominated investment funds
The level of risk, the fees and the information regarding each of the Investment Funds marketed by Open Bank, S.A. is detailed in the Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document for each of the Investment Funds, available at www.openbank.es/en and www.cnmv.es.
The position in Investment Funds must be held for a minimum of 12 months from 31 July 2021 (inclusive). The maximum amount of cashback per customer and account is €600 net.
Products related to this promotion
+2,000 funds from €1 with no transfer, subscription, redemption or custody fees
Are you familiar with sustainable investment funds?
Sustainable investment funds or ESG funds (which follow environmental, social and good governance criteria) are an attractive alternative for your money that also care for the environment.
All investments carry some level of risk, including the lack of return and/or loss of principal invested, as well as the foreign exchange risk for non-euro-denominated investment funds.
The level of risk and the information for each of the Investment Funds marketed by Openbank, S.A., is detailed in the Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document (KIID) for each one of the Investment Funds, available at www.openbank.es and www.cnmv.es.
We are expanding our range of sustainable investment funds (ESG funds) and index and thematic funds with products from several asset management firms, and we are continuing to offer our customers access to more funds. If you do not find what you are looking for, call our team of specialists on + 34 91 177 33 16 from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The most searched funds by investors at Openbank
Do you want to bring your pension plan to Openbank? Our experienced team of AFI-certified investment specialists are always on hand to help. Call: (+34) 91 177 33 16
Do you want to know more about Investment Funds?
Do you want to transfer your funds from another bank to Openbank?
Please get in touch with our investment specialists on (+34) 91 177 33 16 – they will handle the transfer and you won’t be charged anything. Don’t forget that you will need your signature key (8 digits) to issue an order for the transfer. We also recommend having the following to hand:
You will need to indicate if you are requesting a total or partial transfer (by amount or shares). Don’t forget that in order to process your transfer request, the holders of the source and target funds must match. This operation carries no fiscal implications and you will maintain the seniority of the transferred shares.
As soon as your funds are available in Openbank, you can carry out the following online and at no charge whatsoever:
Openbank does not charge any custody fees.
How can you invest in a fund through Openbank
You can invest in a fund through the website and from our app. You have more than 2,000 index and actively managed funds available to invest from one euro or less. Plus, we don’t charge any transfer, subscription, custody or redemption fees.
You can also check out these examples of diversified fund portfolios with various risk levels and with no additional costs for you. You can replicate them or adjust them according to your own market vision, using index funds or actively managed funds.
If you prefer, we can invest for you. From an initial Investment of €500 and with no need for you to be an expert, we engage the advisory services of BlackRock®, with no cancellation penalty. Check out the results of our automated investment service.
And don’t forget, our experienced AFI-certified team of investment specialists are on hand to help on (+34) 91 177 33 16.
What types of investment funds do we offer at Openbank?
At Openbank, you can find more than 2,000 investment funds where you can invest from €1 or less. What’s more, we don’t charge transfer, subscription, custody or redemption fees.
We offer ESG investment funds from leading fund managers. These funds follow environmental, social and good governance criteria. In addition to contributing positively to society and the environment, this type of investment offers greater efficiency and stability in the medium and long term.
You can also find funds that invest in stocks (companies) in a specific sector, such as healthcare or technology, and, of course, funds in various currencies.
We also sell passively managed or index funds, which offer lower management fees compared to actively managed funds, as they replicate and track indexes.
What is an investment fund?
It consists of money that is pooled by various investors and invested and managed by financial market specialists. Its main appeal is that you can obtain a higher return than by investing on your own.
To invest in a fund, all you have to do is buy one or more shares/units of the fund. This makes you a participant. Invest at any time and from very small amounts.
There are many types of investment funds: sustainable investment funds (ESG funds), which follow certain environmental, social and good governance criteria to invest in companies; funds that invest in stocks (companies) in a particular sector; index funds (which replicate the composition of an index to allow you, for example, to "invest as if a part of the Ibex 35 were yours") or actively managed funds (in which a management team studies the companies where it wants to invest the participants' money.
Openbank offers more than 2,000 index and actively managed investment funds in which you can invest from one euro or less. Try using our fund finder tool.
What fees do you have to pay?
The management and deposit fees indicated in the prospectus of each fund shall be deducted from the net asset value of the fund. Openbank does not charge transfer, subscription, custody or redemption fees, and you can invest from €1 or less in most of the 2,000 investment funds we offer.
What are the risks of investment funds?
In the breakdown of each fund, you can check the risk levels from 1 to 7 established in accordance with the current regulations, so that you can invest in the investment fund that is most suited to your profile. Remember that past performance is no guarantee of future returns.
Please note that any investment in financial markets carries a risk, including the potential risk of loss of invested capital or lack of return. Expected returns are not a reliable indicator of future performance.
When can you access your money?
You can redeem your investment whenever you wish, plus any gains –net of losses– you have generated. A specific waiting period only applies in the case of guaranteed funds.
You are free to change from one fund to another at any time and spread your investment between different markets, and without having to pay taxes until you have received your redeemed investment.
Don’t forget that Openbank does not charge any redemption fees.
Can't find the fund you're looking for or need to clarify something?
We make it simple. If you can't find the fund you're looking for, call our specialists from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m to 8 p.m, every business day of the Spanish stock exchange.
Do you need more information?
Take a look at the 'Why invest in Investment Funds' section where you will find this information in greater detail.