Grupo Santander, united against COVID-19. Help us buy medical supplies!
What is the TOGETHER in Solidarity Fund?
- It is an initiative led by Banco Santander aimed mainly at the Group's employees around the world to raise funds and combat COVID-19.
- Banco Santander will contribute at least €25 million. The fund will receive donations from Ana Botín and Jose Antonio Álvarez (50% of their fixed and variable remuneration) and 20% of the compensation of non-executive directors.
- In order to maximise the scope of the aid, if you are not an employee of the Group, you can also collaborate with the TOGETHER in Solidarity Fund.
- All the money collected is being used to buy medical equipment such as masks, respirators, protective suits and detection tests
Why is the medical equipment crucial?
- In order to combat COVID-19, the appropriate medical equipment is essential to treat infected people and prevent new cases.
- There is an urgent need to purchase respirators, masks, protective suits, detection tests and other equipment for healthcare workers and all those affected.
- Any contribution can save a life. This is why the more of us there are, the wider reach our help will have.
How can you help?
- By making a Solidarity Transfer from your Openbank account, clicking here.
- Or, if your prefer, by making a standard transfer to the following account: IBAN ES 14 0049 1803 5026 1176 4252 (Account holder: Fundación Banco Santander)
- For further information, visit the TOGETHER in Solidarity Fund website.