Support the elderly LGBT collective in the struggle for their rights
What is the Fundación 26 de Diciembre?
- It is a foundation that works to ensure the visibility, dignity and rights of the elderly LGBT community.
- They strive to safeguard the rights and dignity of the elderly LGBT collective.
- It pushes for the creation of physical and social spaces specialising in the elderly LGBT collective.
- Its prime objective is to set up the first nursing home in Spain for the elderly LGBT collective, not exclusively, to provide care to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual elders.
Why is it important to help?
- Although the fight for LGBT rights has made headway in recent years, the LGBT community remains one of the hardest hit by homophobia.
- Many LGBT seniors suffer discrimination and rejection in care homes, forcing them to hide their true self again when they reach a certain age.
- Fundación 26 de Diciembre promotes the creation of inclusive spaces where they can be treated with respect.
How can you help?
- With a Solidarity Transfer from Openbank, by clicking here.
- With the Solidarity Card. Donate the rounded-off amount of your purchases to Fundación 26 de Diciembre.