What does it do?
- It addresses the needs of all people who have had to flee their homes because of war, persecution or human rights violations.
- It takes action to protect victims of war who are in urgent need of humanitarian aid.
- It cooperates with different projects for the displaced population to foster their personal and professional development.
Where does it work?
- ACNUR works in over 130 countries.
- It travels to wherever an emergency breaks out.
- It cares for victims in any region where international conflicts are taking place.
Other relevant information:
- Thanks to a global network of providers, UNHCR is able to launch an emergency response within 72 hours.
- Almost 20 million of the more than 25 million refugees are under UNHCR's mandate.
- They have more than 11,621 workers, 87% of whom work in the affected regions.