Credit card without having to switch banks
All you need to do is link the account at your current bank.
Adapts to your lifestyle
Pay for a trip or a little treat in flexible instalments.
Turn on your subscription for €7.99/month and turn it off whenever you want.
Comfort for your day-to-day
Faster and more convenient shopping with contactless technology.
No need to switch banks
- How does it work? It's simple: All you need to do is link your Я42 Open Credit Card to an account you hold at your current bank.
- Enjoy a credit card and its range of benefits as an Openbank customer, with no need to switch banks.
- With maximum security. Change your card's security settings with Card Control and save your passwords and important information with our Password Manager.
A card that adapts to your day-to-day
- 100% online. Apply for your card whenever and wherever you want.
- For a trip, smartphone, new TV... treat yourself and pay for it in flexible instalments at the end of the month).
- Got your mobile? Then you've got your wallet too. Add the card to your mobile, pay with a tap, and don't worry about bringing it with you wherever you go.
Now, with even more travel benefits
Turn on your subscription for €7.99/month.
When you activate your card, you get 5 free cash withdrawals a month at any ATM worldwide, fee-free purchases in any currency, peace of mind when travelling with travel and accident assistance1 and plenty more.
What's more, you can turn it off whenever you want before your subscription renews the following month.
This is what you’ll need during the application process. Have the following to hand:
Device with camera and microphone
Proof of income
Want to learn more about the Я42 Open Credit Card?
What is the Я42 Open Credit Card?
It’s completely free to take out and renew the Я42 Open Credit Card.
You can finance your purchases and benefit from contactless payment just by holding your card close to the reader.
Plus, you can take advantage of exclusive travel benefits via a flexible subscription. You can turn them on to benefit from improved terms and conditions for ATM cash withdrawals, purchases in other currencies, and special travel insurance. And when you no longer want them, just turn them off.
And best of all… You don’t have to switch banks. All you need to do is link the account you hold at your current bank to the Я42 Open Credit Card.
All this, and with maximum security. Get peace of mind with our 3D Secure Code system and free payment confirmation alerts by SMS.
How much does the Я42 Open Credit Card cost?
It’s completely free to take out and renew the Я42 Open Credit Card. The 3D Secure Code system and free SMS payment alerts are also free.
How do you turn the subscription travel benefits on and off?/p>
You can benefit from exclusive travel benefits at any time. Turn them on from the Openbank website or app for just €7.99 a month, and when you no longer need them, just turn them off and the subscription will not be renewed.
What are the advantages of turning the travel benefits on?
On top of its advantages as a credit card with no need to switch banks, when you turn on the travel benefits, you get better terms and conditions for using it on your trips. For just €7.99/month, you can benefit from:
- Cash withdrawals in Spain and within the EU: 5 free cash withdrawals from any ATM worldwide.
- Purchases in non-euro currencies: Free.
- Accident insurance (see policy): Included.
- Travel insurance (see policy): Included.
You can turn the travel benefits off whenever you want, but bear in mind that the following will be applied:
- Cash withdrawals in Spain and within the EU: 3.90% of the amount withdrawn (minimum: €3.90) and the applicable fee indicated by the ATM.
- Cash withdrawals outside the EU: 4.5% of the amount withdrawn (minimum: €3) and the applicable fee indicated by the ATM.
- Purchases in non-euro currencies: 3% of the amount (minimum: €2).
- Accident insurance: Not included.
- Travel insurance: Not included.
Can you finance card payments?
¡Of course! The lump-sum payment method is set by default, but you are free to choose a different repayment option to accommodate your needs
Payment in instalments:
Settle the payment in fixed or variable instalments. The minimum amount you can finance is 5% of your card’s credit limit, with a minimum instalment of €15.
The applicable interest rate for paying in instalments is 1.50% per month, 18.00% annual NIR (19.56% APR).
Example: For €1,500 drawn on 1st of the month, with financed payment option (revolving), and 48 fixed monthly instalments, on the assumption that there are no further drawdowns during that period or any breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement: 18.00% NIR; 19.56% APR; 47 instalments of €44.06 and a final instalment of €44.25. Total amount of credit: €1,500. Total amount owed: €2,115.07. Total cost of credit: €615.07. The calculation includes the card issuance fee: €0. This example does not consider the possibility of any new drawdowns from the line of credit or any non-payments during this period. The APR and the total amount to be paid are calculated on the assumption that the agreement will remain in force for the entire term and that the parties will meet their obligations under the agreed terms and conditions and repayment deadlines. French amortisation system. Therefore, for this specific example, the cash purchase price would be €1,500 and the total amount to be repaid in instalments would be €2,115.07.
Openbank recommends responsible use of this service.
Finance your purchases:
You can finance your purchases of €60 or more over 2 to 36 months. The monthly interest rate for Finance your Purchase is 1.17% monthly nominal, 14.00% annual NIR (APR 14.93%).
Example: For a FINANCED PURCHASE of €1,000 made on the 1st of the month with the regular payment option and 12 fixed instalments, on the assumption that no further drawdowns are made during that period and there is no breach of the contractual terms and conditions. Annual nominal interest rate: 14.00%; APR 14.93%; 11 instalments of €89.79 and a final instalment of €89.77 Total amount of credit: €1,000 Total amount owed: €1,077.46 Total cost of credit: €77.46 The A.P.R. and the total amount to be paid are calculated under the assumption that the Agreement will remain in effect for its duration and the Parties will meet their obligations under the agreed terms and conditions and repayment deadlines.
You can also finance any payments made with an account held at Openbank.
Where can you check the fees and interest rates for this card?
The fees and interest rates for the latest calendar quarter can be found on the “Bulletin Board” tab on the Openbank Legal Information page by clicking here. You can find further information in Annex 2 in the “Information on fees and interest rates charged or offered”. For further information, call us on (+34) 91 177 33 10 and we'll be glad to help.
Does it include any insurance?
If you turn on the exclusive travel benefits, you can benefit from travel insurance that covers claims, among others, for delayed flights or damage to your luggage and offers international medical assistance. You will also be entitled to accident insurance on public transport that covers death, and permanent disability (partial or total) for up to €100,000, provided by Zurich Insurance PLC, Sucursal en España, as long as the transport ticket was purchased using the Я42 Open Credit Card.
What is Open Discounts?
They are exclusive discounts you get by paying with your R42 Open Credit Card at top brands such as Telepizza, Iberia, Cortefiel, Women’secret, AVIS, Booking.com and a whole lot more. Check out the brands that offer discounts here.
What other features does the Я42 Open Credit Card offer?
The Я42 Open Credit Card has a range of features including:
- Card Control: a free service that allows you to temporarily restrict the use of the card by location or transaction type. For example, you can restrict its use in a certain country, enable in-store purchases only or decide how you use it at ATMs.
- Password Manager: a secure and free space where you can store and keep your passwords, data or any other information safe. It’s available on the Openbank website and app so you can access your secret notes anywhere and whenever you want.
- Financial Aggregator: all your finances in one place, available at a glance, and sorted into categories. All your accounts will be connected in a secure environment and your balances and transactions constantly updated.
Need more information?
We make it simple. Call us on (+34) 91 276 21 99 and our team of professionals will be glad to help.