No need to switch banks
All you need to do is link your Я42 Credit Card to the account of your choice at your current bank.
Travel benefits by flexible subscription
You can turn on your travel benefits for €7.99/month and turn them off whenever you want.
Benefits ON, fees OFF
Turn on the benefits and get 5 free cash withdrawals from any ATM worldwide, plus fee-free purchases in any currency1.
Travel assistance and accident insurance
Explore the world with peace of mind thanks to travel assistance and accident insurance by Zurich Insurance PLC, Sucursal en España.
No need to switch banks
- How does it work? It's simple: All you need to do is link your Я42 Travel Card to an account you hold at your current bank.
- As an Openbank customer, you can take advantage of the benefits with no need to switch banks.
- With maximum security. Change your card's security settings with Card Control and save your passwords and important information with our Password Manager.
Turn on your travel benefits
- Turn on your subscription for €7.99/month. You can turn it off whenever you want so that you won't be charged the month after. Take advantage of the following travel benefits:
- No fees applied for purchases made abroad, or for paying in a currency other than euro1.
- 5 fee-free cash withdrawals a month at any ATM... anywhere in the world!
- Travel with peace of mind thanks to travel assistance and accident insurance2.
Your lifestyle in a card
Apply for it online whenever and wherever you want.
If you've got your phone, you've got your wallet. Add the card to your mobile3, pay in a swipe and forget about taking your physical card with you.
Get exclusive discounts on top fashion and travel brands when you pay with your Я42.
This is what you’ll need during the application process. Have the following to hand:
Device with camera and microphone
Proof of income
Want to learn more about the Я42 Travel Card?
What is the Я42 Travel Card?
The Я42 Travel Card is a credit card. It is completely free to take out and renew.
You can finance your purchases and benefit from contactless payment just by holding your card close to the reader.
Plus, you can take advantage of exclusive travel benefits via a flexible subscription. You can turn them on to benefit from improved terms and conditions for ATM cash withdrawals, purchases in other currencies, and special travel insurance. And when you no longer want them, just turn them off.
And best of all… You don’t have to switch banks. All you need to do is link the account you hold at your current bank to the Я42 Travel Card.
All this, and with maximum security. Get peace of mind with our 3D Secure Code system and free payment confirmation alerts by SMS.
How much does the Я42 Travel Card cost?
It’s completely free to take out and renew the Я42 Travel Card. The 3D Secure Code system and free SMS payment alerts are also free. You can turn on the travel benefits for €7.99/month and turn them off whenever you want.
How do you turn the subscription travel benefits on and off?
You can benefit from exclusive travel benefits at any time. Turn them on from the Openbank website or app for just €7.99 a month, and when you no longer need them, just turn them off and the subscription will not be renewed the following month.
What are the advantages of turning the travel benefits on?
On top of its advantages as a credit card with no need to switch banks, when you turn on the travel benefits, you get better terms and conditions for using it on your trips. For just €7.99/month, you can benefit from:
- Cash withdrawals worldwide: 5 free cash withdrawals from any ATM around the world.
- Purchases in non-euro currencies: Free.
- Accident insurance (see policy): Included.
- Travel insurance (see policy): Included.
You can turn the travel benefits off whenever you want, but bear in mind that the following will be applied:
- Cash withdrawals in Spain and within the EU: 3.90% of the amount withdrawn (minimum: €3.90) and the applicable fee indicated by the ATM.
- Cash withdrawals outside the EU: 4.5% of the amount withdrawn (minimum: €3) and the applicable fee indicated by the ATM.
- Purchases in non-euro currencies: 3% of the amount (minimum: €2).
- Accident insurance: Not included.
- Travel insurance: Not included.
Can you finance card payments?
Of course! The lump-sum payment method is set by default, but you are free to choose a different repayment option to accommodate your needs.
Payment in instalments:
Settle the payment in fixed or variable instalments. The minimum amount you can finance is 5% of your card’s credit limit, with a minimum instalment of €15.
The applicable interest rate for paying in instalments is 18.00% annual NIR (19.56% APR).
Example: For €1,500 drawn on 1st of the month, with financed payment option (revolving), and 48 fixed monthly instalments, on the assumption that there are no further drawdowns during that period or any breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement: 18.00% NIR; 19.56% APR; 47 instalments of €44.06 and a final instalment of €44.25. Total amount borrowed: €1,500. Total amount owed: €2,115.07. Total cost of credit: €615.07. The calculation includes the card issue fee: €0. This example does not consider the possibility of any new drawdowns from the line of credit or any non-payments during this period. The APR and the total amount to be paid are calculated on the assumption that the agreement will remain in force for the entire term and that the parties will meet their obligations under the agreed terms and conditions and repayment deadlines. French amortisation schedule. Therefore, for this specific example, the cash price would be €1,500 and the total amount to be repaid in instalments would be €2,115.07.
Openbank recommends responsible use of this service.
Finance your purchase:
You can settle your purchases and payments of at least €30 one month later with zero interest (APR: 0%)A or split them over 2 to 36 months (annual NIR: 14.00%; APR: 14.93 %)B.
A Representative example for a purchase of €200 settled one month later: annual NIR: 0%; APR: 0%. Monthly repayment: €200. Total amount owed: €200. Total amount borrowed: €200. Total interests: €0. French amortisation schedule.
B Representative example for a financed purchase of €200 made on 1st of the month, with the regular payment option and 3 fixed monthly instalments, on the assumption that there are no further drawdowns during that period or any breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement: 14.00% annual NIR; 14.93% APR; 2 instalments of €68.23 and a final instalment of €68.22. Total amount borrowed: €200. Total amount owed: €204.68. Total cost of credit: €4.68. The APR and the total amount to be paid are calculated on the assumption that the agreement will remain in force for the entire term and that the parties will meet their obligations under the agreed terms and conditions and repayment deadlines. French amortization schedule. Therefore, for this specific example, the cash price would be €200 and the total amount to be repaid in instalments would be €204.68. Openbank recommends responsible use of this service.
If you have an Openbank account, you can also finance payments you make with this account.
Where can you check the fees and interest rates for this card?
The fees and interest rates for the latest calendar quarter can be found on the “Bulletin Board” tab on the Openbank Legal Information page by clicking here. You can find further information in Annex 2 in the “Information on fees and interest rates charged or offered”. For further information, call us on (+34) 91 177 33 10 and we'll be glad to help.
Does it include any insurance?
If you turn on the exclusive travel benefits, you can benefit from travel insurance that covers claims, among others, for delayed flights or damage to your luggage and offers international medical assistance. You will also be entitled to accident insurance on public transport that covers death, and permanent disability (partial or total) for up to €100,000, provided by Zurich Insurance PLC, Sucursal en España, as long as the transport ticket was purchased using the Я42 Travel Card.
What is Open Discounts?
They are exclusive discounts you get by paying with your R42 Travel Card at top brands such as Telepizza, Iberia, Cortefiel, Women’secret, AVIS, Booking.com and a whole lot more. Check out the brands that offer discounts here.
What other features does the Я42 Travel Card offer?
The Я42 Travel Card has a range of features including:
- Card Control: a free service that allows you to temporarily restrict the use of the card by location or transaction type. For example, you can restrict its use in a certain country, enable in-store purchases only or decide how you use it at ATMs.
- Password Manager: a secure and free space where you can store and keep your passwords, data or any other information safe. It’s available on the Openbank website and app so you can access your secret notes anywhere and whenever you want.
- Financial Aggregator: all your finances in one place, available at a glance, and sorted into categories. All your accounts will be connected in a secure environment and your balances and transactions constantly updated.
Need more information?
We make it simple. Call us on (+34) 91 276 21 99 and our team of professionals will be glad to help.