What does it do?
- They aim to uplift the spirits of critically ill children by making their biggest dreams come true, such as a once-in-a-lifetime trip or a ride on a hot air balloon.
- Sick children, especially those who are immunosuppressed, have been seriously impacted by the pandemic. Given their high risk of infection, they remain isolated and often only leave their house for hospital treatment.
- Fundación Pequeño Deseo works to restore excitement among these young patients and harness positive emotions to produce better health outcomes.
Where does it work?
- It carries out its activity in Spain.
Other relevant information:
- According to the First Study on the Effect of Positive Emotions, (College of Psychologists, Lafourcade Ponce Foundation and Complutense University of Madrid), fulfilling a wish generates positive emotions that have a significant effect on the well-being of children and their way of coping with the disease.
- In addition, this boost of positivity can last up to 9 months and encourages the child and his/her family to keep fighting.