What does it do?
- The charity primarily aims to bring joy to hospitalised children.
- It offers fun activities to help hospitalised children and teens have as pleasant a stay as possible.
- The foundation's Doctores Sonrisas [Smile Doctors] put smiles on the children's faces despite the situation they are going through.
Where does it work?
- The Theodora Children's Charity was founded in Switzerland but works in 8 countries: Switzerland, Spain, the UK, Belorussia, China, Italy, Turkey and France.
- It carries out activities in 150 hospitals around the world.
- It launched in Spain in 2000 and works in 23 hospitals.
Other relevant information
- Its Smile Doctors are musicians. actors, magicians and storytellers who try to create a more human hospital stay.
- It offers various action programmes, whether personalised or individualised visits, surgical accompaniment programmes or activities to help disabled children respond more easily to stimuli.
- The charity is the world's biggest hospital performer organisation.