No tickets or waiting at tolls or in car parks with VIA-T.
Use it across the whole of Spain, in the south of France and in Portugal.
Monitor spending in the monthly statement for your card.
Enjoy VIA-T promotions and discounts.
No need to carry cash or cards.
The device can be used across the entire Spanish network of toll roads, as well as those in the south of France and Portugal showing the VIA-T logo.
Use it in car parks with the VIA-T logo to avoid queues when paying for the stay.
Monitor your spending in the monthly statement for your VIA-T credit card associated with the device.
Apply for it, paying €30 for the first year.
And renew it for only €15 a year.
Easy to use
You just have to place the VIA-T device in the windscreen of your vehicle.
When you arrive at the toll area, go to one of the VIA-T lanes.
Slow down, but do not stop. The barrier will open automatically when it detects the device.
The cost of the toll will be automatically charged to the credit card associated with the device.
Each month you will receive a statement for your card so that you can check when you have used it and for how much.
Advantages and Discounts
Save time in tolls and in many car parks.
Pay the toll without needing to stop the vehicle.
You can defer the costs, in the month you want or every month.
Enjoy discounts and special conditions when paying with this system.
Become a customer in just three steps, wherever you are
Complete the online form
To become a customer, we need to know a few things about you. Complete the online form and choose your access code.
Confirm your identity
Without having to go anywhere. By video call, providing your account number in another bank or with a messenger.
We will send you an SMS text with a security code in order to access your contract so that you can sign it online.
Would you like to learn more about VIA-T?
If you are already a customer you can apply for it right now on the website, in the app or by calling us
The granting of the VIA-T device, on being associated with a credit card, it subject to prior authorisation from Openbank.
VIA-T is the technology that allows you to pay for toll roads or parking without needing to stop your vehicle.
To use it, you just need to place the device in the windscreen and the amount will be charged to the credit card associated with your device.
Spain: all the toll roads that show the VIA-T sign.
South of France: toll roads with the VIA-T sign
Portugal: toll roads forming part of the Vía Verde system.
You can also use it to pay for some car parks in Spain with a VIA-T reader and logo.
- The VIA-T device from Openbank allows you to pay in toll roads, avoiding queues and waits, and in car parks in Spain with VIA-T signs.
- When you approach the toll area you must use one of the lanes with the VIA-T sign. With this device you can use a specific lane and do not have to stop the car.
- You must enter at a maximum speed of 40 km/h, respecting the safe distances.
- When you go through the toll arch a reader will detect the signal issued by the device, which will beep quietly when detected by the system.
- The traffic light will go green and the barrier will automatically rise, allowing you to continue your journey without having to stop.
- The cost of the toll will be charged to the credit card associated with the VIA-T device.
The VIA-T system is also present in some car parks in Spain, to make the process of paying for a stay in those car parks easier.
There are car parks with VIA-T reading on exit but in others there is reading on entry and exit. They work in the following way:
For car parks with VIA-T reading on entry and exit, on entering the car park you do not need to take a ticket, you can enter and leave the car park without having to lower your window or go to an automatic pay station. If you have the VIA-T device but do not want to use it in the car park, you must remove it from your vehicle before you enter.
For car parks with VIA-T reading on exit, take a ticket when you enter the car park and then park your vehicle. When you return, you don't need to use the automatic pay station. When you place the ticket into the validator at the exit, the control system will do the rest. It will recognise your VIA-T and automatically open the exit barrier.
- Apply for it, paying €30 for the first year.
- And renew it for €15 per year.
- The amount of the toll or parking will be charged to the credit card associated with the VIA-T device, on the first business day of the following month, without commissions.
- You can see the transactions using the card in your credit card position on the website, in the app or by calling us.
- It works in the same way as any other Openbank credit card.
Of course, you can choose the option that best suits you at any time.
It defers the payment of what you spend with fixed or variable repayments. The minimum you can defer is 10% of the credit limit of your VIA-T card, with a minimum fee of €30.
The monthly interest rate for deferring your payment is 1.85% nominal monthly, 22.20% annual NIR (APR 24.60%).
Example for a purchase of € 100 made on the 1st of the month, with a deferred payment method involving a fixed repayment over 12 months, on the assumption that there are no more deferred purchases in that period and there is no breach of the terms and conditions of the contract. Annual nominal interest rate: 22.20%; APR 24.60%; 12 repayments of €9.68. Total amount of the credit: €100. Total amount owed: €116.16. Total cost of the credit: €16.16. The VIA-T issuance fee of €30 has been included in the calculation. This example does not anticipate the existence of new uses of the credit line at this time, nor incidents with repayments.