15 September 2021
Your child will feel independent and will have access to money in Spain and abroad. No issue or renewal fees.
You decide whether, by how much and when you want to top up the card. You can also reduce the balance on it whenever you want or monitor your children's spending from the app or website.
You'll receive free SMS alerts every time you top up or reduce the balance on the card, and every time your child buys or withdraws money for amounts over €20.
The Open Young app is designed so that your child can control card transactions, create budgets for their expenses, receive their pocket money or check the chores they need to complete to get their reward. You can manage the use of the card through the Openbank app or on the website.
Your children can buy in shops and withdraw cash for free at any Banco Santander ATM.
They can use it in Spain or abroad (if they are studying in another country, for example).
And get Open Young Discounts on great brands when paying with their Open Young card.
Free issuance and renewal.
Secure and easy to monitor
You will always stay up to date on your child's card balance and transactions, and you can top up or withdraw money through the website or using the Openbank app.
Every time you top up or reduce the balance on the card, you’ll receive an SMS confirmation. You can also receive SMS alerts when your child buys or withdraws money for amounts over €20. To activate this service, call us on 91 177 33 10.
With the 3D Secure Code system included, you decide if and what your child can buy online. To activate this service, log in to your Customer Area on the website or Openbank app.
You decide when you top up/reduce the balance on the card and set the top-up limit at up to €1,000.
If you feel it's necessary, you can ask us to block the card or change the passcode to the app.
Through the app, you can create chores for your child (like making the bed). If he/she does a good job with the chore, you can reward him/her by topping up the card.
New app for your kids to manage their money better
It is designed so that they can control their expenses by easily accessing their card balance and transactions.
Your child will be able to see what transactions he/she has made with the card by categories, such as ATMs, shops, restaurants, transport, etc., and compare them with other months.
They can create budgets and set goals or limits to learn how to save.
You can also create chores and if your child does a good job, he/she will receive the amount you have allocated.
And if your child needs money, it's easy, he/she just sends a message to ask you to top up the card.
Open Young App
So your children can learn how to manage their Open Young Card expenses.
Become a customer in just three steps, wherever you are
What's the promotion?
Get the PlayStation®5 bundle that we're giving away when you open the Open Young Savings Account and deposit €300, and take out and/or make purchases with the Open Young Prepaid Card.
What does the bundle include?
The bundle includes a PlayStation®5, two DualSense™wireless controllers and a Gaming BLACKFIRE® BFX-30 Headset for PS5™.
How can I take part in the draw?
- Click on “Join the promotion” with the promotional code OYPS5 before 31 August 2021 (inclusive).
- Enter the prize draw by opening: (i) the Open Young Savings Account and depositing €300; and/or (ii) taking out the Open Young Prepaid Card. Plus get extra entries for every purchase made with the card between 5 de May and 31 August 2021 (both inclusive).
The more purchases and deposits you make, the more chances you will have of winning!
What are the terms and conditions for taking part?
- You must be an individual over 18 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Spain.
- You must be an Openbank customer by 15 September 2021 (inclusive).
- You must be an ‘Active’ Open Current Account holder.
- You must meet one of the following conditions between 5 May 2021 and 31 August 2021 (both inclusive):
- take out, as a parent or legal representative of a minor, an Open Young Prepaid Card;
- have the minor make purchases with this card during the promotion period;
- coopen an Open Young Savings Account, between 5 May 2021 and 31 August 2021, both inclusive, and deposit at least €300 into that account.
- if you opened the Open Young Savings Account before 5 May 2021, increase the balance you have as of 5 May 2021 by least an additional €300.
Each customer who meets the above requirements during the promotion period will receive:
- One entry into the prize draw for taking out the Open Young Prepaid Card.
- One entry into the prize draw for opening an Open Young Savings Account and depositing at least €300.
- One entry into the prize draw for each purchase made with the Open Young Prepaid Card.
Please note that:
- Receipt of the prize constitutes a capital gain in kind subject to a tax payment on account, at the current rate of 19%, which will be applied by Openbank in accordance with applicable tax regulations. This tax payment on account will not affect the customer. The customer must declare the market value of the prize received plus the tax payment on account not passed on in the general tax base of their personal income tax (IRPF) return. Winning customers are entitled to the deduction of the tax payment on account in their personal income tax (IRPF) return.
The corresponding VAT will be due at the time of delivery of the prize to the customer. However, Openbank will not pass on the VAT due to customers. Instead, it will be paid and effectively borne by Openbank. If the customer wishes to receive an invoice for the goods received, he or she must request it from Openbank by calling (+34) 91 177 33 10 or by emailing email@example.com.
- You must maintain at least 50% of the account balance increase until 28 February 2022 (incluido).